Sunday, September 1, 2013

September 1st already?!

How did we get here so quickly? Another summer has come and gone and with this September brings new changes to our lives that we have been anticipating for awhile. In just 3 more sleeps my big boy will be starting preschool and for some reason I am starting to feel anxious about it. I am excited for him but after the past 5 months of having him with me almost all the time I know I'm also going to miss him for those 7.5 hours per week. He will absolutely love the experience I'm sure and I know that having the time alone with Jordan will be really nice, but I'm still having a bit of a hard time realizing that my baby is growing up. From here on out there is always going to be some sort of school for him. Gone are the days of no set plans and doing whatever we want whenever we want. And sadly as well is the end of the James's regular afternoon nap! Never in a million years, back when I signed him up for preschool over a year ago, did I think that my 3 year old would still be napping, but indeed he still loves his nap and still sleeps through the night even when he does have one. I will miss the quiet time in the afternoons when he is home with me, but maybe just maybe bedtime will go back to a nice early time again!

We've had a really great summer enjoying our new family of 4. The addition of Jordan has been fantastic and his big brother is so in love with him and I couldn't be happier. I am loving having a newborn so much more this time around and savouring every single snuggle, squeal and laugh that we have. Jordan is becoming such a fun little guy, he has found his voice in the past few days and with it has come the high pitched squealing and screeching of a little one trying to tell us what he thinks. I keep saying that in order to keep up with James he's gonna need to be loud and chatty too! I love these noises, even though I know what they mean 3 years down the road.

I am happy and content and loving being off work with my boys. I am looking forward to the cool days of fall and the rains that are coming our way. I love snuggling on the couch with a nice cup of tea and my computer or watching a TV show with a warm blanket. And knowing that just a few short months from now it will be my favorite time of the year...Christmas! Need to start working on presents now so there isn't the last minute rush like last year! I love September, bring it on!!

And some photos of my boys, just because you know I love to take photos of them!

Awww....Jordy and Papa! 

And a few action shots of James and Jim at the cabin. Wonder if/when James will actually ever let him throw him off the deck like this! 


No comments:

Post a Comment