Tuesday, March 3, 2020

9 weeks and 22 classes later and I finally did it....

...I cancelled a class at Coast and didn’t go because I just wasn’t feeling up to it!!

I debated all day and for a wide variety of reasons I just didn’t want to do it (sore bruised knees from my fall on Friday, lingering head cold, exhaustion from a terrible sleep, lots on my mind, 5 loads of laundry to put away, my desire to make a home cooked meal and get my kids to bed on time....just to name a few). So because of all these reasons, I just didn’t go, and you know what, I’m okay with that. I did what was best for me, best for Jim and best for the kids and for those reasons alone I don’t feel guilty at all.

The best part was that even after all was said and done and kids were in bed and I was even more exhausted than I was at 4pm when I cancelled, I still put on a short restore yoga video on YouTube and spent a few quiet moments with and for me. It wasn’t long because I am actually still quite sore, but the important thing was that I did it!

I've fallen in love with a yoga pose from my Restore yoga class called Legs up the Wall! The first week I tried the class I was terrified and it hurt and my legs shook horribly. I had to adjust the pose (which I've learned over time is totally encouraged) to make it comfortable for me. I got over the shame I felt at that and was determined to get better at it. Last night after my short restore yoga YouTube video I moved my mat to the wall and spent 10 minutes just relaxing with my legs up in the air. I was comfortable and felt such a difference from just a month ago when I first tried the pose. I could see this being a nightly time out for me to just relax and stretch, and I'm looking forward to getting even better at it!


Close up view of my socks.....hahahaha!

This week is absolutely crazy leading up to our trip away for hockey and because of it my yoga will have to take a back seat. I'm still going to do my one coast class on Wednesday night and my one VIU class this morning, but other than that I just know I won't have the time to make it happen, and you know what....I'm gonna be okay with it and know that I’m still doing more than I’ve ever done in the past to make me a better me. I’m proud of myself and that’s all that truly matters. I know that next week is a new week and I will hopefully carve out an extra class or two!

OUCH...this was what my knees and shin looked like on Friday when I first fell. 



And yesterday I think is the worst it's gonna get but look pretty rough!




As I was writing this blog post and told my kids about the yoga pose they of course had to try it out too. Here's the kid cuteness that makes every blog post just that much better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment