Sunday, May 8, 2016

Happy Mother's Day 2016

These two little guys are my whole world. I couldn't possibly love them anymore than I do...even though we've been surrounded by barf since Wednesday morning! Yes, first it was James and then today Jordie started...brutal. Worst Mother's Day Ever...BUT, I did get some beautiful flowers yesterday from James and some cards from my boys this morning (before Jordie started getting sick). It's been a long and trying week around here for us and I REALLY hope that it hasn't hit Jordie as hard as it did James. And I really hope that I don't get it either! 

I really wanted to get a nice photo of me and the boys together at Sunday dinner tonight but once the barfing started there was no way we were going anywhere, so this PJ one from this morning is the best I've got!

My flowers from my handsome big guy

This lady here....she's my best friend in the whole world and I wouldn't be the mother that I am without her. She has always loved me, no matter how much grief I gave her in those teenage years! She is the most amazing Nana and loves our boys with all her heart and both spoils them rotten and keeps them in line when they need it! She is always there for us when we need her and I have always taken great comfort in the fact that she is just a phone call away. When I first went away to university I had friends laugh at me that I called her every day, but I did it anyways, because I knew that I would never have to go a day without someone telling me they loved me.



This special lady here is my step mom Barb! I just love her and so wish we lived closer to her so that we could be a bigger part of her regular life. I love our visits when we do get out there to see her and love that now she has FB so she gets to see lots of pictures and these blog posts about my boys! Since the day Barb and my dad got together when I was 10 she has loved me with all her heart as her daughter and has never once treated me as anything other than that. She has been in my life for 25 years and has loved me every single day of those years, even when I was a hormone crazy teenager that got drunk and spent the day hungover and swearing I was dying in her basement. hahahaha...the Chilliwack days of my youth! :)

And my two mom's in one picture. The love I have for these two is indescribable.

To my oldest and best friend in the world Melanie! You had these little guys just a few months ago and you are an absolutely incredible Mommy to them. I came out to see you and we had the most amazing catch up visit that we've had in years and I look forward to many more years of being friends watching all of our little boys grow up together. I love you girl and look forward to seeing you 
in July!

Next up is my new step-mom Grace! She and my dad Wayne got together last May and this picture was taken of them on the day we met Grace for the first time last summer at Sakinaw Lake. From the first few minutes that we met her we all literally fell in love with her. She is a very special lady and has made my dad so happy and that's all that I could really hope for. She is very kind and sweet and caring and I couldn't be happier for the two of them that they have found love. They got married in early January just before they headed back for their winter in Mexico. 

One last amazing mom in my life is the other Barb in our lives...or as we call her...Bumma! This special lady is actually my step sister Andra's mom, who is of course also my step dad's ex-wife. Our family has an interesting past to it and because of this Barb has known me since I was born and has always been a part of my life. Now she's a beloved Bumma to my boys and we all just love her to death. Since the day she met Jim they've had a great bond and she's been there through both of my pregnancies and has welcomed our two boys with open arms and a loving grandma heart. She calls the boys her grandsons and I know just how much she loves them and how much they love her too.

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL OF THESE SPECIAL LADIES, AND ALL THE OTHERS IN MY LIFE! Some of these special ladies include my sister Andra, my sister-in-law Teresa. my auntie's Carol (x2), Karen & Susan, my very special mom friends Melanie, Kelly, Jenn, Ashleigh, Theresa, Sarah, Andrea, Shirley, Stacy, Diana, Margo & Sandy! Love you all so much and I wouldn't be the woman or mother that I am today without all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment