Tuesday, May 24, 2016

April 2016 Monthly Memories

Wow, did we ever get up to a lot of wonderful family fun this month! It was another really busy month for us and it's still nothing compared to how our May and June are shaping up! Having kids sure makes for busy times as parents.

I'll just right to it by starting with April 1st which was a very busy day for the Barrows Family. It started out with Jenn watching Jordan for me for 3 hours while I went to work. She took these adorable photos of Jordie and Gracie.






I was going to put this picture up first, but then went back and saw the March monthly post started out with almost the exact same photo of Jordie, on this same set of swings so decided to go with the adorable ones of the two of them first (even thought it will drive my OCD self crazy because I know these photos were taken before those ones were....I know I'm crazy!)


That afternoon was a rough one for me and my Jordie boy. I wrote a heartbreaking post about it that I called I could have done better and it's quickly become one of my most read posts of all time. I had so many parents comment on it saying that it was exactly what they needed to read at that time. I was really not proud of how I handled that situation but was so proud of myself for having the guts to admit it and write about it. I find these kinds of posts important to write, for myself and for the future when I feel I need to go back and reread them (which I do often).

That night we went to Willingdon for dinner with the Parkins and Leflers. Here is the post I did about that fun evening.
And here's my favorite picture from that night

James turned 6! Click here to see James grow up with his bear Freedo!

James & Cooper's 6th birthday party! Link to all the photos here.

Another Lois Lake weinie roast with the Parkin Family! All the pictures here! 

James has his first big kid sleepover with his girl Katelyn! Blog post here! 


Jim graduated from his first year of the carpentry program at VIU. My proud wife post about this can be found here.
Here's a picture that I forgot to put in that post but it's a cute one of the 3 of us. I'm glad James was able to come and see his Daddy get rewarded for this awesome achievement.

I took on the division manager of the T-Ball league here in town. Really...what was I thinking??
He's #1 :)

Okay....now on to the onslaught of iPhone photos from the month of April! This is always a big chunk of this monthly memories post, but surprisingly this month I actually had quite a few things blogged about already!

Soccer Saturday


Donuts at Timmy's after soccer Saturday




Maddie's birthday party





I am not tired Mommy...I am not going to nap


His not impressed to be awake face

Addicted to stickers

Another afternoon where he didn't "need" to nap

A McDonalds treat with awesome MarioKart hats



This day he made it till about 4pm before finally crashing

Everyone showed up for Sunday dinner and Auntie Ya didn't want to make him move

Awake but only okay because he's in Papa's arms

Snakes and Ladders with Nana

Playing on Annie Ya's phone

Facetiming with Auntie Tana and Uncle Cody

Dog pile on Jordie

A little lunchtime reading on one of Daddy's last week days off

This day he only made it till 11:50am

So cute, James wanted his stuffy to be tucked in just like him


Asleep at the dinner table on this day

Early morning baseball game with Dad on the iPad

Kisses for Mommy

Uuuummm....I think we have a problem

The glasses definitely need an adjustment

I love his little grin

Walking B to school

Cool dude Jordie

Just chilling out watching cartoons

He thinks he's so funny that he stole Baby Gracie's stroller at soccer

Best buds forever. I actually really love this photo so much.

A rite of passage at Nana's house...learning how to cut the wienies for Kraft Dinner!





hahahahahaha...this picture is awesome!


His favorite thing to do at N&P's house

Snuddles for Nana

The first good jump of the summer...but boy is the pollen on our deck terrible this year...everything is covered in yellow :(

Another rare genuine smile from this guy!

Sunday karate


Eating freezies on the way to pick up James

Jim working hard on his final drafting project 

Funny boys before school

Birthday love note for James

This was the day I got home from work at 6:20 and he said to me at 6:25 "Mommy, I so so tired"

6:35 - in PJ's and snuggling for story time before bed

Super Maddie!

This little one is so funny!

Jordie living dangerously in the Tassell's driveway

James and Jaxon and their carport hockey

She insisted on helping Jordie put his shoes on. These two are best buddies and she apparently takes care of him all day at daycare too

Morning smiles

When your two year old says he wants to wear the helmet to drop off B at school, you decide to pick your battles and let him do it rather than start a fight.

Thinks he's safe climbing on the fence because he's got the helmet on

I stopped by the school on my lunch break and this was James and his friend Quynn (and Aaden) sitting outside reading a big book about sports instead of running around

This is how he loves to hug me...both arms wrapped tightly around my neck

A random green day for James and Linden and Dane

A super unsettled Jordie downstairs at 11:30, not really awake but not asleep either

Morning iPad games with Daddy

heehehehehehehe...reading a magazine at Annie Ya's salon

Hugs or headlocks for Baby Gracie??





Another no nap day...this day I told him he wasn't allowed to climb up on my chair

But I let him and then asked him if he was going to just snuddle or sleep snuddle. He happily told me sleep snuddle as he fell fast asleep in about 3 minutes



There was so much I should have been doing that day but in that moment absolutely nothing else mattered to me except this.

Just waking up

And 15 minutes later...happy Jordie!

Building Lego with Dad, he did this for more than 2 hours straight...and less than 15 minutes after it was done Jordie dropped it and destroyed it!

Hernando Park before Sunday dinner






Anther afternoon sleep snuddle on my chair

After supper bike ride in the beautiful sunshine


Showing me his Lego man

Wednesday morning family reading in the quiet cube...our favorite place to read!

Getting almost big enough to wear Daddy's boots :)

My favorite new picture of Jimmy and me!

Trying out the t-ball stuff


This is the first time I've ever seen James actually sit on a swing, he's been afraid to fall off for all of these years. He is starting to get the hang of it now through which is nice!

After supper McFlurries



James's Lego creation for the Home and Garden Show

Sitting on Wes's bike at the VIU Graduation and Year End BBQ

Loves drinking Mommy's tea

I wish I could find a picture of James in this track suit because it is just too cute!



Stopped for a quick after school visit at the Tassell's


Daddy took the boys to the park at Larry Gouthro one night


Daddy and James mini golfing to celebrate Daddy's graduation from VIU


Celebrating his hole in one!


WHEW...finally done! I've sat down to do this post probably 10 times! So many wonderful memories when I look through these photos. So happy to be living the life I am :)

No comments:

Post a Comment