Monday, December 8, 2014

Mexico ~ J&K Parasailing, Boys ATV Tour and Ziplining

So many fun things we did while on vacation! I knew before I even left Canada that I had to go parasailing while I was there and wished we could have gone tandem but were told that no one in the bay where we were does tandem rides anymore. So, I went first and I was actually surprised when Jim decided to go too! It was really neat because my trip was to the right of the resort and then 20 minutes later the winds had changed so Jim's trip was to the left of the resort so we got shoreline pictures from both sides.






Up I go! 






And now I'm up there and thinking "oh my god, I made a huge mistake"...then I readjusted the harness and I didn't feel like I was falling forward and then I realized that I in fact was absolutely loving it!


 




When I parasailed back when I was a teenager I definitely don't remember feeling like I was this high up in the air. I couldn't believe how small the boat was below me!

The view to my right

The view to my left


Of course a couple of selfies too!



 See those people on horseback on the beach? That's Chris, Teresa, Cassidy, Jacob and Olivia!


I'm heading back now and making my descent back to the beach. This was probably the scariest part of the whole thing, just hoping and praying I was pulling hard enough on the ropes to actually steer myself down properly. Luckily the Mexican guy directing me was very good!






Next up was Jimmy's turn and I took more photos of him with the big camera as he was taking off and coming back down too. Apparently when I went up James got upset and starting crying because he was worried Mommy wasn't coming back. When Daddy took off he started to get upset too but I reminded him that I came back and Daddy would too. It resulted in him running towards him waving as he came down to the beach, cutest moment ever!



 










CUTE!








Next up on Thursday was a boys ATV tour with Jim, Ben, Darian, Quinton and Uncle Garry going out in Bucerias on ATV's. Unfortunately the tour was nothing like what they had hoped it would be, especially when one the guides kicked Darian off his quad unfairly and made him ride with his dad the rest of the trip so he could have his own quad again without doubling with the other guide. They had hoped for more of a jungle type ride but it ended up being mainly dirty dusty alleyways through the city, with a little bit of offroading.













And lastly, on our last day of the vacation (which we would never again book a full day excursion on our last day!) there was a group of us that did a zipline tour. The tour was fantastic but I am bitter about the photos that we purchased from the company (and for a pretty penny too I may add). They took photos of our group at the beginning and ASSURED me that the disc of photos I purchased would have all 6 of us on it, but was sad to get home and realize that on the first zip line where they take your photo that Jim's photos are missing. I emailed back and forth with the company since getting home and they apologize but say that Jim's photos weren't taken which we know isn't the truth because he knows the photographer took his photo at that spot. There are a couple of Jim on the disc but certainly not as many as of the rest of us. And I feel bad too because Jim was at the end of our group for the whole tour so even when we broke out the waterproof camera for some photos he only took them of us so again we got no good ones of Jim there either. Just a bit of a bummer for me about the whole thing. They also gave us a video that I haven't watched yet but I'm sure we are all on that as well, especially Chris and Ben because they agreed to go backwards and upside down for the video!

We'll start off with the trip up to the canopy site. We had no idea it was an hour and a half long drive that made multiple stops along the way. It was however in the back of an open truck with beautiful breezes and amazing scenery which ended up being one of my favorite parts of the whole day!










Getting helmets and harnesses


Us during the safety briefing, which was more of a comedy show than an actual briefing. The guys from the company were very funny but by the end Ben was definitely cranky and just ready to get going!


Clearly he knew the camera was on him

I'm surprised they didn't catch him scowling, he was cranky during most of the briefing

Could I look more terrible?

Quinton is afraid of heights and was not super thrilled about this particular excursion

Not a great photo of Jimmy here either

Darian wins the prize on this one for the best random photo of the trip!

Now here we are on the first lines where they tell you to look through your arm, cross your legs a certain way and smile for the camera. 







 

See....there's Jim right behind me standing on the platform! uuuuggghhh....Well at least it's only 1 of the 6 missing, could have been worse I suppose!

Now for some of the bought photos from the company. Next time I would definitely not buy the photos now that I realize how little you actually get to see. Lesson learned for sure!















These next ones were at the bottom of one of the longest lines that goes all the way across the river! Incredible views from up there but you are going so fast that it's kinda hard to see too much!




 






On this line you can see as I get closer that I was actually a little bit scared because you come in quite fast and just trust the hell out of the guides that they will stop you!












 




 
 Chris hanging upside down!








 
 

 
 
 




 Ben agreed to go backwards
 



hehehehe...I definitely don't look like I'm having fun in these pictures!









This ones better because I knew the photographer was there so I put a smile on my face!






 Now for a couple of shots we took with the little camera

 Don't look so excited Q












And here's some that we took of when Ben went backwards!




And a couple more group ones while we waited for our turn at the end line where you got to race someone. 


 





The pairings for the races? Brother vs brother, twin vs twin and husband vs wife! 

Looks from the pictures like Ben beat Chris, the twins were almost dead even and I begged my guide guy (who was huge compared to Jim's guide guy) to push me hard so I would beat Jim...
so he did and I WON!





 


After the tour they do some free tequila tasting but I was so hungry I went right to the restaurant to order lunch. I had fresh made tortilla chips and the best salsa I've ever tasted while I waited for my quesadillas to arrive.










The setting was beautiful there and you have about an hour and half to enjoy it with either a meal or a swim in the river below.

So many great memories were made on this vacation and these three activities I posted were definitely some of the best parts of the trip!

1 comment:

  1. Hope you had a great trip with you family, photos look amazing, must been thrilling to have that on your side when parasailing. There some amazing tours on cancun for these that are really astounding.

    ReplyDelete