Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Mexico ~ Family photos, fancy dinners, a romantic evening, singing and dancing and other randomness

Well I've finally done it I think...all of the good photos taken from our big trip are going to be on the blog for memories sake! Next up will be a very special project for Grandpa Wayne as a big thank you for taking us all on this awesome vacation that we will surely all never forget.

This post is a bit of everything that's left over that I haven't already blogged about so will probably have a fair amount of captions to go with the photos.

When I went searching for I actually couldn't find one that was just taken of the 3 of us so I cut us out of the photo that included Dad (with his eyes closed again of course).





This is such a good picture of all 4 of us!












Jim and I went on a romantic evening to Las Caletas to see the Rhythms of the Night 
dinner theatre show

Here we are at the marina waiting to get on the boat


So happy and relaxed and me having my first real drink of the whole trip...and having no idea how awful I would feel 30 minutes later!


Beautiful sunset behind us and we are ready to get going!

The professional picture we bought shows the sunset better


About 10 minutes after the boat left the dock and shortly after this photo was taken I got a massive headache and started to feel super seasick for the rest of the hour long trip

By the time we got to Las Caletas I was feeling absolutely terrible and just wanted to get off the boat!

Here we are just before we entered the theatre for the show, which was great but I was now feeling nauseaus from both the headache and the boat ride, and extremely cold. I definitely didn't dress warm enough, even though I had two sweaters and a towel to drape over my legs. 

 All I can say is thank goodness for a very understanding and loving hubby who just smiled through it all and we had the best time that we could under the circumstances.
 

At least I looked cute!

 Here we are at a beautiful candlelight dinner right at the waters edge...too bad I was freezing cold!

 After dinner we ventured down the beach a little and laid in a hammock over the water



All I can say about the boat ride back was that I called it my own personal hell. We got on the boat early and just sat and rocked violently back and forth while it was tied up. I took a Gravol which made me super sleepy and completely drugged out. I fell asleep half leaning against Jim and half slumped over forwards. I'm sure I looked like a drunken idiot...and to top it off I was freezing cold and shaking. Not to mention we sat at the front of the boat in the bottom part where I thought the rocking would be best, and it was, except for the very loud music and show the staff put on to entertain us. It was truly an awful hour in my world. We got back to the resort at almost midnight and I couldn't wait to crawl into my bed! 

These were taken our first night at the resort where we all ate dinner together and then went for a walk on the beach.











Our first full day a bunch of us met at the snack bar for lunch

I love this picture of my happy and relaxed little man in Mexico

Jim takes his all inclusive eating very seriously....look at that burger!!





These photos were taken on Sunday night, after our first full resort day. We ate at the Mexican buffet near Building 1 as it had the absolute best view of the ocean. The sunset was beautiful so we went out for some before dinner photos. 

I LOVE this photo of C&T!




Tried to get one good one of all 4 of them but realized quickly that would not be an 
easy task for the week!



All three of these next photos are actually pretty good of Grandpa and the kids



I think this might be the best picture of these 3 that I took the whole trip. I love it!






These 2 were their usual loving selves together. These two have a pretty special 
bond being so close in age!






There was a guy on the beach selling temporary tattoos and of course Jim got sucked into the guy to buy one for Cassidy. Here Jim is probably chatting with the guy about the price or something while Cassidy waits patiently.

Great photo of these two!!






The finished product...and they were both very excited to show it off to me and to her parents (who had given permission ahead of time!)



A few more pictures before we head in for dinner






Yummy donuts for dessert

The Jinger Jesus and his boys joined us after dinner for dessert and a visit

These two shared lots of hugs and kisses during their week together



They ran up the stairs ahead of us every single time and then James would shout at us to 
look at him, look at him!

After dinner rough housing with Uncle Ben



James and Grandpa liked to hold hands and walk together

Me and my handsome little man



Bedtime stories read by Cassidy were the best


We met this awesome couple at the pool and they invited us to watch their wedding from the bar and it was beautiful

I love this picture of James



Now these pictures are all from one of my favorite nights that we were there. These guys went to the Brazilian restaurant for dinner and Teresa and I took the kids to the Italian one.






Some nice lady came over to us to tell us how good the kids were at dinner and offered to take our picture too


Yummy french onion soup


The caesar salad was really good too

Jacob loved his spaghetti

Cassidy and her fettucine alfredo


I got the fettucine too and it was really good


Teresa got the flank steak and she said it was really good too


Livie and her pizza

And James with his...neither kid ate more than one piece after the massive salads that 
they polished off

Dessert time!














After dinner we headed over to see the boys and hear about how great their dinner was too

Then we headed over to the little stage to watch the show. I walked away to the bathroom and came back to find James dancing alone with the performers. Then Grandpa, and Livie and I all joined in while Cassidy watched.











She was so tired that she fell asleep on Grandpa's lap

So Daddy took her home while the rest of us waited it out until the evening show

The boys running around to burn off some excess energy



After the little boys had some time to run around we moved over to the longest stretch of grass at the resort over near building #2 and started running races with the big boys joining us too. This is 
truly one of my favorite memories of the whole trip and I wish I had better pictures and 
a video or two as well






We were laughing so hard watching these kids having so much fun


And then this moment happened, my 34 year old husband was challenged by me to race the 17 year old twins and he of course took the challenge! At first they did a walk to the end to lay out the course and don't you know, Jim twisted his ankle in a hole but he was determined to race. So...off they went!

The old buggar ended up being faster than I thought he was. They raced to the end and on the way back Quinton realized he couldn't keep up so he slowed down but Darian and Jim pretty much came in at exactly the same time! I was shocked and boy did we ever cheer loud for that finish!

After all that running around the poor little guy fell fast asleep in the middle of a super loud evening show. I looked over and he was leaning backwards and almost fell over before I caught him. He slept in my arms for a few minutes before I handed off to his much stronger Daddy to hold him for the rest of the show.

Some cute cousin shots in the hallway outside of our rooms















Caught in mid bite...of the best potato soup I've probably ever eaten!





This was the night that we had plans to all go to the Thai restaurant but the reservation was for 8pm and we knew pretty quickly around 6:30 when James fell asleep eating pizza at the buffet that the kids weren't going to make it to dinner!


Awake but certainly not a super happy camper

Hanging out with the turtle statues before heading up to bed with Daddy/Uncle Chris while the rest of us headed to our Thai dinner reservation












The only picture I took at our Thai dinner. It was SO good! 

The kids hanging out before kids club







Before our dinner with the kids on Friday night

At Piccollo's again, but this time with Jim. We sat inside this time and the air conditioning was so cold we ate in less than an hour!





And then we headed for a walk back over towards the other restaurant where our family was eating





I love this little guy so much, he kept coming up to me and asking me for hugs and kisses

Definitely my favorite James and Olivia photo of the whole trip!

Another great Reimer family photo

Attempting to get an equally cute Barrows family photo



The kids with their kids club leaders


One last lunch at the snack bar before we get on the bus to the airport





And the family photos I just knew I had to get before we left










And lastly the photos I took on my iPhone that turned out half decent



Actually one of my favorites of the trip!






Cuteness





Great photo of Darian

And of Quinton too


This is how I found them one morning when I got up to go get dinner reservations

While on vacation he decided he wanted to start cutting up his own food











Yes, even on vacation I take pictures of my kids sleeping



Beautiful Cassidy


I'm so sad that this hat that we bought him down there got left at the kids club one day. I'm hoping that maybe Grandpa can go back to the store and get us a new one.






The necklace that James made at kids club









Ice cream buffet at lunch time!



Finishing off the last blog post about our trip to Mexico with a picture of me that I actually like.
I was so relaxed and loved everything about our vacation and I hope that those that have viewed these posts have enjoyed them!

No comments:

Post a Comment