Monday, December 8, 2014

Mexico ~ Beach fun, pottery painting and the fish spa!

I will admit that we didn't spend nearly enough time on the beach at the resort! I had my fill while we were at Las Caletas and found the pool much better for swimming and playing together.
But there are some pictures of Ben and the boys kayaking, a few cute ones of James and Darian and some of the Reimers playing too.
































A couple of Jim and James "reuniting" after Daddy's short parasail flight!




 
Teresa and I had a spare few moments one morning so we went down to the beach to relax

Chris had my camera one afternoon and took some cute pictures of his kids down at the beach and I'm glad he did it









One of my all time highlights of the trip was the awesome pottery painting you can do at the Royal Decameron. Basically you buy a piece of pottery for cheap, paint it up and then hand it off to the guys. They then make it really awesome and fire it for you and you pick it up the next day. What an awesome way to spend some quiet down time! I did two pieces and just loved it. Can't wait to go back and do more!

Auntie Carol painted an awesome bowl. I have to remember to get a picture of the finished product!



My first painted piece, a picture frame!

And this is what it looked like once Ben (the pottery guy) was done making it pretty!


And here's my second piece, a cute little bowl that we gave to Nana when we got home





Later that same day I talked the twins into coming with me for some more pottery painting fun.

Quinton chose a skull

The Reimers all painted at the same time so it was a true family affair!


Darian chose a cute little turtle box


Livie did so good with her gecko


Cassidy got a sea shell

Cassidy's finished shell


Jacob did a cool little shark










The finished gecko


This was Teresa's second piece, her first was a small bowl that I realized I don't have any pictures of.


The finished product







This is James and I on our final day picking up our finished pieces



There is a really great little spa that is just outside the gates of the resort and Dad goes there often when he's in Bucerias so got us some awesome deals on massages and this fun little experience....the fish eating spa!

Yup that's right, you put your fish in a tank and little fish eat the dead skin off your feet.

On our first full day at the resort I went for a massage and after the massage I was the first of the family to go to the fish spa.

My legs look really red in this picture but it's just the lighting from the iPhone photo




It was really a very weird feeling for me and the first few minutes it was very ticklish but after that I just sat back and enjoyed it!


After my fish spa experience I had a wonderful 2 hour manicure and pedicure!



Next up were Ben and Darian












And then it was Chris and Uncle Garry's turn








No comments:

Post a Comment