Friday, September 22, 2017

A Day In My Life

I did a post like this last spring with what a very busy week of our life looked like and it's still one of my favorite posts of all time. You can read it HERE if you are curious. Another blogger friend of mine does these posts once in awhile on her blog and it always fascinates me what other people get up to during the day, whether they are stay at home moms as I am now, or working mothers as I was when I did the week post last year.

So I decided to do another post but this time just a day in my life instead of a whole week. This was a particularly busy day but I do have these kinds of days quite often! Between daily chores like feeding the kids and making dinner, I also had household chores to do like recycling and washing bottles. Throw in something at the school, a swap and shop pick up, treats at Timmy's and playing after school it did make for a very busy day!

7:00 - up for the day (this is a sleep in for me, I'm usually up sometime around 6:30 but I had stayed up late watching a trashy MTV show and then didn't sleep very good through the night!)

7:00-7:45 - Drink my morning tea, play some Cookie Jam, surf FB and IG (my morning routine)

7:45-8:00 - Make the boys breakfasts, James's lunch for school and Jordie's snack for preschool

8:00-8:15 - Make my bed, have a shower and get dressed

8:15 - Get Kennedy up and dressed for the day


8:35 - Kiss James and send him off to school (after gathering last minute pledges, signing his agenda and packing his backpack)

8:45 - Take Jordie to preschool

9:00 - Wash bottles, tidy up house

9:15 - Feed Kennedy her first bottle

9:30-10:15 - Infant Development lady came for an assessment of Kennedy because she isn't holding her neck up straight yet and we are slightly concerned about torticollis (James had it too).

10:15 - Put on dishwasher and pack Kennedy into the stroller. Isn't she just adorable in this outfit and all snuggled up in the awesome blanket that Jenn made her!


10:30 - Walk over to the school to help with cutting and putting out fruit trays for the Terry Fox Run!


She fell asleep just a few minutes after we got to the school

Warm up time!



Yup the pants are definitely too short....but the jacket fits him good. He's got these weird giraffe legs lately!



11:45 - Done at the school so we walked home from school and gather the recycling into the van.

12:15 - Pick up Jordie at Nana & Papa's house (Papa had picked him up from preschool for me)

Nana needed a quick little snuggle

12:30 -  Meet someone in the parking lot of Tim Horton's for Jordie to try on a hockey helmet, then we picked up some donuts as an after lunch treat.

12:35 - Me and Jordie did the recycling at the depot near Timmy's.

1:00 - Home to make lunch and give Kennedy her second bottle.


1:30-2:15 - Kennedy nap and quiet time for me and Jordie boy. I was so tired so I had a cup of tea and tried to get motivated to figure out something to cook for supper.

2:30 - It was a beautiful day so we went over to Westview to play on the playground and visit with friends...except in my visiting I forgot to go over near James's classroom door so he didn't see me and left to walk home...oops! I left Jordie at the school with Ash, threw K in her seat and quickly drove back home to pick up James...he was not happy with me!!

3:30 - Bang trim at the salon

4:00 - To Westview Optometry to get James's glasses adjusted

4:15 - Home to feed Kennedy again and have another tea (yes 3rd cup of the tea...so tired!)

5:15-6:00 - Kennedy napped while I made supper and filled up the bottles for the next day

6:15 - Jim home from work and we all ate supper (very gourmet KD and wienies....hahahahaha)

7:00 - The boys tried on their hockey equipment so we could figure out what they still needed for this year. Kennedy just hung out in her exersaucer while Jim and I both helped one boy out.



7:00 - I fed Kennedy another bottle and then while we were FaceTiming with Nana and Papa she pooped out of her diaper and got it on my chair, but luckily missed me!

7:30 - Daddy and Kennedy had a shower while I helped the boys out of their gear.

7:45 - Boys upstairs to have their showers. Jim helped them while I got Kennedy ready for bed, and attempted to take some cute pictures. She wouldn't smile for me so I had to call in my brother reinforcements to look over my phone at her to make her smile :)



8:15 - I brushed Jordie's teeth while Jim snuggled with and read to Kennedy and fed her her last bottle.


8:30 - I read with James while Jordie went to bed (he was super mean to James so didn't get to stay up with us).

8:45 - All the kids were finally in bed so I come downstairs and clean up the kitchen and dishes while Jim was finishing up with Kennedy.

9:00 - I finally sat down in my chair and started this blog, then I laid on the couch while Jim tickled my feet and I proceeded to fall asleep.

A long and busy day...and I loved it! I just wish I could sleep better or wake up feeling more well rested. I think more exercise would make me feel better, but finding the time is proving to be difficult to me (oh and the motivation too!)

No comments:

Post a Comment