Thursday, December 22, 2016

20 weeks - 5 months

Wow...half way done already! I can't believe we're already at the halfway point and with a very busy spring ahead of us I feel like this baby will be here before I even know it.

People still tell me all the time that I don't look very pregnant...but I think it's definitely because when I see people out and about I'm usually wearing a big hoodie jacket and the belly is still quite well hidden...but when I wear just regular clothes I would say there is no hiding it now!



Due Date: May 4, 2016

Total Weight loss/gain: Still down 2 lbs from my pre-pregnancy weight, but by the end of the day I'm up over it by a few pounds. I just seem to have very little appetite these days even though I have no nausea.

Maternity clothes: Oh yes, I broke them out the day after we told everyone about baby.

Stretch marks: Only the ones I had from my last two pregnancies....so far none from this one.

Sleep: Good most nights but I have a hard time falling back to sleep if I have to wake up for something for the boys or to go pee. And sleeping more than 8 hours in a night just doesn't seem to happen for me!

Best moment of this month: The ultrasound we had a few days ago. Now we can't wait to find out baby's gender. We were happy to hear that the tech was able to see the gender and did put it in the report for the doctor. From there the Dr. will write it on a piece of paper in an envelope and give it to us and we'll start planning the party for mid January.

Miss anything: Skating! Believe it or not we started skating last winter and I am sad that this year Jim really doesn't want me to do it. I actually lost my balance and fell last week taking my socks off which just reinforced in his mind that I should be no where near ice skates and an ice rink this year!

Movement: Some every day but it definitely isn't strong movements yet. Jim felt the baby very lightly kick him last night for the first time. Still haven't been able to get the boys to feel it yet...but I think it will be soon.

Food cravings: Hot fudge sundaes, chips, Cheezies, Cheerios

Anything making you queasy or sick: Not eating when I'm hungry...or eating too much!

Have you started to show yet: Yes definitely.

Gender: Still a surprise for another few weeks.

Baby's name: Nothing set in stone yet...but leaning towards another J name for a boy and maybe a B or K name for a girl. Not going to worry about it until we find out baby's gender.

Labor signs: Not at all.

Belly button in or out: Getting very shallow but still there.

Wedding rings on or off: On and way too big. This has happened with all of my pregnancies were I tend to not retain water in my hands at all and if anything it feels like my hands shrink and my ring feels every bigger. At certain times I've even taken it off because I was afraid of it falling off and losing it.

Happy or moody most of the time: I'd say pretty happy most of the time...but I have been off work for more than 2 weeks which helps with the good mood.

Any pregnancy brain mishaps: Not that I can think of off the top of my head. The first trimester I felt like I was losing my mind but this second trimester has been pretty good so far I think.

Similarities/differences between pregnancies: I always tell people I don't hate it like I did my first pregnancy but I don't love it like I loved my second one.

Looking forward to: Finding out baby's gender and having the boys feel baby kick on the outside of the tummy!

Next doctor's appointment: Actually it's tomorrow. The doctor's office called yesterday to say that Dr. Strydom wants to see me because she doesn't want to wait until my appointment in January to discuss something from the ultrasound on Tuesday. The receptionist said she was told to tell me that baby is fine but I will admit I'm still slightly nervous. It's obviously nothing too serious or she would have requested to see me right away and I do really appreciate that Dr. Strydom is going to fit me in at the very end of the day on the last day before Christmas. I'm thinking it has something to do with my placenta because the tech said it looks to be quite low and I know at my 10 week ultrasound there was a slight concern about a bleed behind it so it really could be anything. I'm just hoping to avoid serious complications...and bed rest! You know I am of "advanced maternal age" now so I am more likely to have complications apparently! Hehehehehehehe :)

No comments:

Post a Comment