Saturday, August 27, 2016

Hi, what's your name?

3 different people in one week that he just randomly said hello to and asked them what their name was. For a kid that used to seem unfriendly and almost grumpy with everyone, he is sure becoming more and more outgoing and friendly by the day. He is starting to remind me of his big brother at around the age of 2 when he first realized that interacting with other people was fun and engaging. Now James sometimes interacts with strangers too much :)

Jordie is blossoming into a really cool little guy that loves people as much as the rest of us do. As an outgoing person, who married another relatively outgoing person, who then had a really outgoing first child...it's nice to see this one developing into more of our kind of kid. I thought in those first few years that he was going to just be a really different kid than us and that was okay too but I never suspected that he would end up being as outgoing as his brother is and would give us all a run for our money with his very strong little personality. I do believe that I am going to have my hands full with these two boys when they hit their teenaged years. They are already very opinionated and never hesitate to tell us what they are thinking about something. I guess I have no one to blame but myself on that one!

At the grocery store this little exchange happened a few weeks ago:

Jordie:                Hi, what's your name?
Grocery clerk:    My name is Sarah, what's your name?
Jordie:                My name's Dordie (he can't quite say Jordie yet)
Grocery clerk:    Oh hi (with big smiles of course)
Me:                    Okay...come on Jordie we have to get going cause Daddy is waiting to make supper

Walking away
Jordie:    she's my teacher at my school.
Me:         No, honey she's not your teacher.
Jordie:     Oh, she's my friend

Everyone should be as friendly as a curious toddler pulling a rolling grocery basket.

No comments:

Post a Comment