Friday, August 26, 2016

My big brave James

James had his last night of swimming lessons yesterday and he was so excited when he got there and he was the only kid. He loves his swimming instructor Alex and I really appreciate how good he's been with James and how far he's come in the two sets of lessons that Alex has taught him for. We were shocked when we went to the pool a few weeks ago and James was actually able to comfortably swim in the deep end and was confident in his abilities. It was awesome for Jim and I to see and we were so excited for him...and for us in the new freedom we have to swim as a family and do more fun stuff like jumps and dives now that he's more comfortable in the water.

So, back to his lessons last night. Alex came over to Jim and I and said "I just want to ask you guys if it's okay for him to go off the high diving board?" I looked at Jim and he just smiled and said "yeah of course he can" to which I added "if he'll do it....I don't think he will but if he wants to, then yes of course he can".

WELL....the first video is his first time...absolutely no hesitation, he only waited at the top for a second for Alex to count him down :) Gotta love my nervous mom giggle watching my kid jump off the high dive for the first time...at only 6 years old! I don't think I jumped off the high dive when I was his age but maybe I was brave when I was a kid too. I can't even imagine doing that now!


And here's the second one where you can hear him saying "I want to do a cannon ball!" This kid just kills me.

Jim and I were so proud of him that he just got up there and went for it. Every parent could learn something from their kids sometimes. He is such a brave little guy and we just love him so much for his adventurous spirit and his ready and willing to try anything attitude!

No comments:

Post a Comment