Friday, May 31, 2019

Every stage is just so different


This kid here is so very special to me in so many different ways. He is my first true love I experienced in my life in the form of a child that I carried inside me. He is funny and intelligent and opinionated and driven. He also drives me so damn crazy some days too. This 9 year old attitude is something else that’s for sure! He’s growing up fast and I’m trying to keep up to him and be the kind of mom he needs and wants me to be. I know he feels like he doesn’t get enough of me, but every day even if he doesn’t get the one on one time he craves, I ALWAYS make sure he knows how much I love him. Even if he’s throwing a tantrum about a jersey, pouting about not being good enough at something, or just generally having a rough day. Not every day is easy and I get that. And I try to tell him that too. I know life sucks sometimes and I try to make it suck a little less for him sometimes too.

We’re in this ride together for the rest of my life and I can’t wait to see the kind of kid that he continues to grow up to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment