Thursday, November 5, 2015

James must be going through a MAJOR growth spurt right now!

Last night James literally ate almost the same amount as Jim (and for anyone who knows Jim knows that that is quite a feat for anyone, let alone a five and a half year old little boy!)

We sat down to have cheeseburgers and a green salad for supper last night and Jim made each boy one cheeseburger and they each had a good sized bowl of salad too. I get through eating my one cheeseburger and bigger bowl of salad and Jim finishes his two burgers and salad when this conversation happened:

James is just finishing up his salad and says to Jim "Daddy, can you please make me another cheeseburger?"
Jim just looked at me like "is that a good idea?"
I said to James "are you sure you want another whole burger buddy, or just a half of one and you can take the rest to school tomorrow?"
He replied with "nope, I want a whole one".

So Jim made him the burger not really expecting him to finish it but he did...he hate the whole frigging thing! Except for the pickles and onions on Jim's burgers and his maybe 1.5 cups full more of salad, James ate almost the same amount as Jim! We are in big trouble when this kid hits his pre-teen years! He is regularly eating as much as, if not more than, me on any given night now!

My question is...where is he hiding it?! He is such a skinny little guy that clearly at this point has an awesome metabolism and works hard playing his sports and being active (which we love and encourage!)
This picture is from a few months ago and I know he's definitely grown at least an inch or two since it was taken! He's still sitting right around 45 lbs which he's been for at least a year, but he's grown a ton of inches so he's just super skinny!

No comments:

Post a Comment