Monday, January 8, 2018

Photos from our big crazy blended family photo shoot!

This Christmas was the first time that all 5 of us kids have all been together in Powell River since mom's birthday six years ago, and our last family photos were taken 10 years ago on the day after our wedding. It was definitely time for some updated photos seeing as we've added a bunch of family members since then! As soon as Mom found out all 5 of us would be here for at least a day or two together she messaged Jenn right away to book us in. I think Jenn said mom tentatively booked her more than 6 months ago! Ang & Bill and their family got a bunch of photos done before the big family session because Ang won a session with Jenn so figured it was a good time to use it. She's given me permission to share some of those in this post too!

As I usually try to do with these kinds of posts, I'm starting off with my very FAVORITE picture from the whole shoot, and funny enough this shows exactly how blended our family is. For those that don't know, that is me and my brothers Chris and Ben and our mom on the left, then our stepdad (who I call Dad but the boys call George or Big Guy), and then on the right of the picture are his kids Andra and Ryan and their mom Barb (otherwise known in our family as Bumma....even I call her that now!) We haven't always been this happy together family and its taken a lot of time passing, and a lot of putting stuff in the past, for everyone to get where we are today. We celebrate holidays together now, and these photos wouldn't have been the same without all of us in them!

I just simply LOVE this photo so much. If there was one photo I wanted to turn out the best, I think this would be it! All three of the parents in this picture mean the world to all of us and all of them have been around my whole life. There is my mom, the man I consider my dad, and his first wife (who funny enough I grew up calling Auntie Barb...that's a long story for another blog on another day!) :) 

Now onto the rest! Here's our in the trees family shot!

Another great one of the 5 of us with mom and dad

This picture is just so Ryan and his big personality! He grumbled the most the day before the photos, but I think in the end had the most fun out of all of us too! He is such a big old teddy bear!

All 5 kids and our significant others! From left to right: Chris and Teresa, Bill and Andra, Ryan and Samantha, Jimmy and me, and Kiley and Ben. Such a great photo and I'm really glad that mom wanted this on the list!

Another FANTASTIC photo of just the 5 of us. I don't even remember if we got one like this the last time we had photos taken 10 years ago...and if we did I obviously didn't like it enough for it to stick out in my memory. This one will be going on my wall for sure!

Quite possibly one of my favorite photos of me and my brothers ever taken.

The 2 sisters of the group! I love a lot of pictures of me and Ang together (I can think of at least 3 right off my head), but this one is certainly added to that list!

A great photo of Ang & Ryan too

And now the 3 brothers!

hahahahahaha...there are just no words to do this picture justice!

Love this one of us with dad too

A couple more great shots of dad with his kids


And now some of us with our mom. Originally these sets of shots weren't on the list to be taken, but when we were there and deciding which shots we wanted we realized these ones would be nice to have too. It's great to all be one big family, but it's also nice sometimes for a mama (or a dad for that matter) to have a nice picture with just their own kids too.

Another favorite for me for sure!

Aaaawwww....me and my mama.

Yeah I guess you could say that we look a little bit alike :)

Now moving on to a couple of family shots....do the kids look cold and done? Because they were! It may have been bright and sunny, but it was ridiculously cold down there!

Had to put both of ours because K looks adorable in the first one, but the second one is cuter of the boys. I figured it's my blog and I could pull it off :)


Such a great shot of the Reimer family. I can't believe how big and grown up these kids are getting. It always amazes me because Chris and Teresa are just that much ahead of us in raising kids that their youngest is just a bit older than our oldest. They will be empty nesters LONG before Jim and I are!

Now for some amazing couple shots...starting with the heads of the family...and of course our adorable fur brother Diesel too!


Such a great shot of these 2!

Aaaawww Diesel, what a good boy he is! This will be a photo they will treasure forever for sure!

Then going from oldest to youngest kids! 

Ryan & Sam


Ang & Bill


Chris & Teresa


Ben & Kiley...I think this is the most adorable couple photo of all of us. These two just recently started dating a few months ago, but she is seriously the best thing that we all think has ever happened to Ben. They are so incredibly happy together and we all see great things for them in their future together!

Now that's the face of a woman in love (and new love at that!) :)

Me and Jimmy


And last but not least, Tyanna and Cody!

So before we moved up to the trees we did take some shots down by the water...but the light was so bright that we quickly moved up to a less intense sun spot. For how bright it was I think Jenn did a fantastic job and I know the editing on these photos was very time consuming with the harsh glare that day. We couldn't have picked a worse time of day for these photos, but considering we had no idea it would be like this on Dec 23 we just went with the time that would work best for everyone and hoped for the best. We kept saying it could have been absolutely pouring rain so we took the cold and bright sun and went with it!


Adorable grandkids photo! Seriously how cute is Kennedy with her little head bow and little grey booties?! 


These two groups shots were my idea and I'm so glad we went for them...and you'll see why in a second!

Aren't the girls of our family some gorgeous ladies?! 

And now for the boys! Aren't they just handsome?!

And of course Ryan suggested an all guy wrestling match and these photos turned out awesome! I love Jordie's little smile in this one, but I feel bad for poor Diesel cause I'm not sure what's happening to him in this picture! hahahahaha



Next up are some of the shots from the Garrett's photo session before the big family one. I think Gunther just makes these photos...he is such a handsome looking dog (who is really more human than a lot of humans I know!)


Such a great shot of Barb and her babies!




I love this photo of Barb with Tyanna and Andra! I think it's one of the best of the bunch so I'm finishing off this post with it!

So there you have it...our big beautiful blended family photo shoot!

No comments:

Post a Comment