Thursday, January 21, 2016

The best Christmas/Birthday present ever!

I know I'm a lucky girl pretty much 365 days of the year but this year my Jimmy knocked my Christmas and birthday present right out of the park! Him and the two hubbies of my besties got together to book the girls and I an overnight at the spa at the Kingfisher Resort on the Island. 

We were all scheduled for manicures but Ash and I wanted something different so she went for a pedicure and I went for a (very pricey) relaxation massage while Theresa stayed with the manicure. While the massage was not the best I have ever had, the time spent with Theresa and Ashleigh was exactly what I needed. We spent hours talking about life, hubbies and of course our kids!

We took the first ferry to the Island on Saturday morning and we shopped our hearts out until it was time to check into the hotel and head to the spa. After our treatments we went to Boston Pizza for dinner and then headed back to the hotel for a very early night. We were all tired and hoping for a great nights sleep and a wonderful chance to sleep in...which totally didn't happen! The beds were terrible and I think I slept the best of the 3 of us but we were all awake by 6:45am!

We checked out on Sunday morning and headed to White Spot (a fave of all of ours) for breakfast, did a little bit more shopping and then headed to the ferry nice and early to make sure we made it on the 3pm ferry home. Overall it was an absolutely wonderful weekend away and I would love to make it a yearly trip!

Here are the pictures from our trip! I didn't take too many because I was just really enjoying my time!

Robes on for a photo before heading to the spa!

My new boots that I fell in love with once I saw that they folded up high on my leg. I wasn't a huge fan of them when they were folded down with a big fuzzy grey band across my leg. They are so comfy and my favorite purchase of the trip!

Theresa lounging by the window (and the heater trying to heat up!). The room was freezing for the first few hours we were there!

Dinner at Boston Pizza

This is how Ash enjoys her wine when she forgets her plastic wine glass on her kitchen counter because she slept until until 2 minutes after she was supposed to pick me up :)

hehehehehe....me and my one little drink...which I tried hard to drink but just couldn't do it! 


One more small sip, but after 5 sips I was already feeling fuzzy! 

The view from our room on Sunday morning. Stormy, windy and rainy but who cares!


We went to the spa to buy some nail polish and I loved this light fixture in there

 My favorite picture from the weekend! I love these girls.

Thanks again to Jimmy, Sean and Kevin for being rock star dad's and taking on kid duty for the weekend so us girls could get away from it all! We all had a great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment