Sunday, January 10, 2016

Jim and I couldn't be more proud of his newest sport!

James had his first class of karate today and seriously he did so good. Jim and I were so darn proud standing there watching him kick, punch, run, follow directions and yell happily throughout the whole thing!

In the weeks leading up today we had talked with James a lot about listening, respect and paying attention to the Sensei and he knew that if he couldn't follow directions that he wouldn't be allowed to continue in the class. We've been trying hard to reinforce to him to not speak unless spoken to (which I know is hard for him...I wonder where he gets that from!!) and thankfully today he did really good. And the absolute best part of it all...he absolutely LOVED it! I can see many many hours (and dollars) being spent at that dojo and I hope he continues to fall in love with it and it becomes a sport that he excels at. I think it will be great for his self esteem and will teach him the discipline that I think helps kids so much these days.

Here's to many more photos and videos in the future!

All dressed and ready to go!



Today's turn to be awesome! He did so good and Sensei was impressed with how fast he was!

This was from his karate evaluation back in early December. He talked about this to everyone that would listen. He loved that he was able to kick the paper out of Sensei's hand!

No comments:

Post a Comment