Tuesday, June 10, 2014

New challenges and so much to learn!

Another week has gone by since I posted and I haven't downloaded photos since then (and actually haven't taken very many either) so it's a photoless post, but I just wanted to update about my new job at VIU.

I started last week on Monday and learned very quickly that there was just a TON of different aspects to my new job and that I was definitely going to have to put on my thinking cap on and get back into the swing of working quickly because this job is no joke!

Tuesday was another great day that went by lightning fast and then BAM...I got the flu on Wednesday overnight :( I spent that morning in bed while our sitter took the boys and then doing very very little but functioning to take care of the boys that afternoon as our sitter had also come down with the flu too.

Back to work on Thursday feeling about 85% better but also excited to get back to learning new things. Although I am excited to learn, I am also realizing how much I still have to learn, and how I need to learn to adjust my time schedule to allow for everything getting done. That making lunches thing after dinner and before bed has just not happened once, even though I have the very best of intentions every.single.night!

I got through my first week with a smile on my face and looking forward to seeing Jim while he was home. It was a super fast weekend with him home and I felt like we didn't get to do nearly as much as we'd hoped to, but we had fun nonetheless.

Back to work again yesterday and today and once again just trying to absorb as much as I can. So far I am absolutely LOVING it though and look forward to being challenged again and to finding where I belong in this new work environment.

Thank you to everyone who left kind and supportive comments on my FB page, I really appreciated it.

Hopefully this weekend I'll be able to get back to some fun photo posts as I know I still haven't done Jordie's birthday posts or 1 year photos with Harris!

No comments:

Post a Comment