Thursday, May 10, 2012

The Big Boy Room

Well after weeks of talking about it and a straight week of working on it, the big boy room is just about complete! We just need a couple of pieces of wood to support the bottom of the bedrails and then it will be done. Tonight we will move his James name letters over there and will move his stuffies, books and clothes over and *hopefully* tonight he will want to sleep in there.

Last night when we were in there with my parents he was so excited and jumped right up on the bed, laid his head down and said night night. I hope tonight when it's all ready to go with his stuff in there he will feel the same way.

Here is the happy big boy last night!

Oh yeah and my sadness is still there too. When I put him in his crib last night for the last time I just about cried but did good in front of him. It's just that this new transition is bringing up so many memories of his first days in that room as a baby and I feel my heart just bursting with love for my little guy.

Here are the letters above his nursery room closet, we've been talking about these letters and hope that once they are moved over to the b b room he will feel more at home. It amazes me because it feels like just yesterday that he was this small and now he can spell his name by looking at those letters!

Tonight after he goes down I will post the before and after photos from the big room makeover!

No comments:

Post a Comment