Tuesday, November 2, 2021

Pick your road

This is one of my favorite spots in the Millenium trails near the Complex. This particular fork in the road always makes me very thoughtful about where I am in my life and where I want to be. Probably totally corny to look at something and see something completely differently. Some people just see two paths, I see two opportunities, each with their own landscape and feel to them.


I have spent a lot of time the past 10 months walking alone and thinking about who is in my life and what they bring to me as a person. I have many wonderful people that I am surrounded by. I live a very big life, with lots of moving parts to it. 3 kids and 3 jobs makes me very busy, and very connected. I have connection with my jobs, my kids friends parents, my family, old coworkers, mom friends, work friends and current coworkers, volunteer committees, kids sports, etc. Everywhere I go in our town I see a friendly face (behind the stupid masks of course) of people I know or recognize. It is a peaceful feeling to me to know that me and my family are part of a friendly community. I am proud of the life that Jim and I have grown together over the past 15 years being here. 




Over the years I've certainly made some choices I'm not proud of, but I've also done some extraordinary things that make very incredibly proud of who I am as a person. I'm changing every day and for the most part I love who I have become. I still have things I'd like to change about myself, but I'm working hard to change the things I can, and forgive and accept myself for the things I can't, and don't want to. 

Every time I come to that particular fork in the trail I think about my life and what my choices are for today. It's symbolic and means a lot to where I'm at in my life right now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment