Sunday, October 22, 2017

Summer 2017 Family Photos

These were taken by Jenn on August 31 and I had super high hopes for really adorable summery type photos....but they didn't quite turn out like I imagined them in my head. In hindsight with them being summer pictures we should have gone to the beach but the lighting and time wise for Kennedy that wasn't going to work out so well. I also didn't give Jim much notice of this shoot so his hair was longer and shaggier than he would have liked it to be (and made sure to tell me that on the way to the park!). We definitely picked the wrong time of day for Kennedy, and she fell asleep literally less than 2 minutes before we pulled in at the park and then just pretty much stared blankly at the camera for almost the whole entire shoot. She couldn't sit up yet unassisted and hated being on her belly so really we were limited with what we could get for photos. But even in saying that...we did of course still get some really great ones that I want to share here.

My favorite photo of the whole shoot. This was her teeny tiny little smile!


Another good one but this was her face pretty much throughout the whole shoot! Too funny!



Even though she's not smiling I still LOVE this photo of me and my little lady!


We tried SO HARD to get her to crack a smile. The boys and Daddy were making faces at her and giggling at her, and just NOTHING. She was not budging!

These were cute too...but we will try again when she's a bit older :)





With her Daddy she kind of smirked at us

Then finally gave us just this tiny little smile

Now time to attempt some kid photos...this first one is definitely the best one we got, even if she has a very concerned little face on her. The boys look great in it!


Their faces in this one crack me up!


hahahahahaha...look at her little face....and James's missing front tooth...and Jordie's fake little smile!



The boys look awesome in this one...and Kennedy's frowny brow makes a serious appearance!

Another cute one!

I lied...she did smile...but only when we weren't trying to get her to smile. Glad Jenn captured this one for us!

That's definitely her looking at her brothers face!

Attempting a few more family ones, but pretty much everyone except me was done :) 

Jordie's little worried face just cracks me up

We call these Jordie's crazy eyes....hahahahahaha!


Kennedy was done so we moved on to photos of the boys and us!

Handsome Blue Jays boys!


I like this one best I think


A random dad hug while we were getting Jordie situated for his photos

Typical Jordie smile these days!

Much more natural and awesome smile!

I love this photo of James!

And this one too!

And me and my boys yearly photo!


Jenn's amazing Photoshop skills created this shot because Kennedy wasn't quite yet able to actually sit on her own, so I was holding her up with my arm but Jenn worked her magic to make this shot!
I really just wanted to capture her pretty little pink dress and her very serious expression. This photo will always represent what this photo shoot was like with our sweet baby K!

This was what she did while we took the photos with the boys! She is such a beautiful little girl...look at her pretty blue eyes :)

THANK YOU again to the wonderful Jenn Parkin for capturing some new family photos...even if they didn't work out quite how I was hoping they would! If we'd waited another 6 weeks for a super smiley Kennedy she would have outgrown the pretty dress she was wearing and I knew I wanted to capture that while she could still wear it. 

I know better than most that that is just the way life goes and not every single year our photos will be amazing and that's perfectly fine with me. In fact, I love that, because that is real life...that is exactly how our whole life as a family is! Years down the road when I'll be able to watch my kids grow up through these photos this will just be another one that we look back on and smile at. 

No comments:

Post a Comment