Wednesday, October 18, 2017

I am so lucky....and yes I do know and appreciate it!

I don't know if my mom just knew I needed it or what but she gave me the best gift ever yesterday. A day with just the boys to focus on them and their activities while she kept this little lady from 8:30am - 7:00pm. 

It started off with me asking her to pick Jordie up from preschool on Tuesday so I could go on James's field trip out to Lang Creek. I had intended to take Kennedy with me but Nana said that I should just leave her at her house and go with just James, so I happily said yes and did just that. I dropped her at 8;30, ran Jordie to school and then made it to James's school in time to do reading with him and then get ready to go. I had a great time focusing on him, walking with him, holding his hand and exploring the grounds and salmon facility out there. I know how much he loves and appreciates any one on one time that he gets with me and this day was just awesome for him and I. 

I had intended to pick Kennedy and Jordie up after the field trip, take them grocery shopping (which I also got to do totally alone!), then home for lunch and a short nap/quiet time before James got home. Then we were off to the rink for Jordie's skating lessons from 3:30-4:00 and then back home for a very quick supper before I would be dropping her back off at Nana's because I had asked her to watch Kennedy from 5:45-7:15 so Jim and I could take the boys to public skating to get some extra practice in. Actually I was originally going to take K with us and put her in the stroller but Nana doesn't trust that I can skate so was worried about her sweet little baby getting hurt. PS: I can skate...but I did bail hard twice last night from not skating for 2 years (Jim wouldn't let me skate last winter because I was pregnant). I will get back into it and I'm sure she will be on the ice with us...but maybe not for the first few times!

Thankfully Nana just offered to keep her all day so she could nap there and not be interrupted with all of the things I had to do. In the end she didn't nap for her almost at all, but she was a happy girl!


Here was my mom's FB status this morning:
"Spent the day with little Miss Kennedy yesterday and was reminded what a super little girl she is! This picture is her at 5:00pm after only sleeping in total an hour and half throughout the day! For only being 6 months old, she is a little champ!! Was a fun day with lots of visitors for coffee and playing with Kennedy!! Wish all the days could be this great!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment