Tuesday, October 24, 2017

It's all about balance

This is what Kennedy wore for the majority of the day yesterday. I even took her to preschool in the morning with no socks or hat, with just a blanket wrapped around her feet so I didn't look like a totally terrible mom. I also went without a bra because I was rushing to get 5 kids out the door and just didn't really have time to get myself really ready for the day. Then Jim came home and was sleeping in our room all day so I didn't actually get dressed until around 5 when he left for karate!


And this is what she looked like today...dressed in a pretty outfit with her bow on her head (and yes today I did manage to put a bra on!) I walked into preschool and they laughed when they saw her today. I giggled and said "yup it's a balancing act and today we managed to get dressed before leaving the house!"


It's all about balance really. Getting enough sleep, not sitting too long with my tea before feeding the troops and making lunches and herding kids to get dressed, brush teeth, pack bags, put on shoes (why is this one always such a chore?) and getting out the door. I figure if once in awhile we rock the PJ's for the day that's okay, as long as we also have days where we do get dressed with pretty bows in our hair.

On another note about today...this was Kennedy this morning after a short morning nap. Seriously so cute and funny and lovable. 


I had high hopes for a great afternoon nap, but it only lasted less than an hour and then this was her after she woke up. Seriously so awful and hard to hear and see her so tired and grumpy, but whenever I try to lay her down and she just screams and cries so I have to get her up because Jim is sleeping and I don't want to wake him up! It has been a LONG day that's for sure! 


She finally fell asleep again just before 5 and was again up before 6. I'm really hoping we get into a bit of a better nap routine because days like today are really hard...especially if Jim is going to be here at home sleeping on his graveyard shifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment