Sunday, March 5, 2017

The Tooth Fairy finally came to visit the Barrows household!

We have been waiting for James to lose his first tooth for over a year now. We were surprised that he is only 2 months from his seventh birthday and still hadn't lost any. Some of his friends have already lost closer to 6 or 7 by now! 

James came home from Nana and Papa's a few weeks ago with a really wiggly front tooth and then the one right beside it was starting to be wiggly too. We noticed that his adult teeth were already popping through behind his baby teeth so we hoped that would speed up the wiggly tooth stage. But for some reason they just hung on and he didn't seem to interested in wiggling them or getting them out. Finally two weeks ago I said to him "I think it's time to pull it out bud!" The adult tooth behind was already quite high up out of the skin and I figured we should try to get at least the one tooth out. To my surprise he finally said "yeah okay mom"

I hate wiggly teeth and they creep me out but I really wanted to get it out so I put on my mommy big girl panties and grabbed that tooth and yanked. It came out with a tiny little pop and he was so excited, until he saw the blood, then he freaked out a little bit. Then we FaceTimed Nana and Papa to show them (cause Dad was at cardio kickbox class and we had to wait up for him). 

Pretty excited to be one tooth down!



Shortly after hanging up with N&P and just as I was about to start brushing his teeth I said on a whim "let me feel that other tooth again." He let me and I said that he should just let me pull it too because the tooth fairy only leaves more money on her very first trip to your house so two teeth would mean double the money. Again very surprisingly he said "okay mom, do it!" So he closed his eyes and I grabbed it, gave it a bit of a harder tug cause it was definitely not as wiggly and out it popped! He was so excited and I couldn't believe he'd actually let me do it...and that I'd done it either!



Dad came home from cardio class and James was pumped to show him his teeth in a bag and his big empty holes in his mouth! 

Here he is the next morning showing his card from the Tooth Fairy to his dad.


1 comment:

  1. Our family created a little gift bag to leave with our son when he lost his first tooth. He got a couple dollars, but we also left a new toothbrush, and a sample size toothpaste and mouthwash under the pillow. Those adult teeth will be coming in soon and we wanted to start him off on the right path.

    ReplyDelete