Saturday, March 25, 2017

32 weeks - 8 months

Photo taken at 32 weeks and I can't believe how fast time is moving now! Of course I'm now just over 34 weeks along but I don't feel like the belly is going to grow to be too much bigger than it is now in the next 2.5 weeks until she arrives. I also can't believe that in just a week and a half I'll be doing up my last pregnancy update post (which will probably be explaining what we know about how her delivery is going to go). For now...one more fun little question and answer post.


Due Date: May 4...but baby girl is scheduled to be delivered on Tuesday, April 11 at 36 weeks and 5 days along due to placenta complications.

Total Weight loss/gain: I think I'm up around maybe 17-18 lbs gained.

Maternity clothes: Of course...but even some of them are feeling uncomfortable these days. I prefer to just rock some comfy PJ pants I bought and tank tops.

Stretch marks: Yup...but not nearly as bad as I thought they would be at this point in my 3rd pregnancy. I think it's because I'm just carrying her differently than I did the boys.

Sleep: Still pretty good actually. Some heart burn in the night and some leg cramps but otherwise still quite comfortable.

Best moment of this month: Hhhhmmm...this is a tough one, but I'm going to say probably just watching the boys interact with baby girl. They love to sing to her at night, and watch her move around in my tummy when they do. She definitely knows their voices already and seems to react more to James's voice and touch than to Jordie's.

Miss anything: Not feeling nauseous when I eat. I can only eat a very small amount of food at a time and even then I feel sick most times after I do...and then I'm hungry again an hour or two later. Oh and not feeling so tired most of the time. I do know that this feeling isn't going to go away for several more months though (unless she loves sleeping like her big brother Jordie did!)

Movement: Some days it's quite a lot and other days not so much. She mainly seems to like to bop around a ton in the evenings when it's quiet after her brothers have gone to bed.

Food cravings: Mainly just junk food type stuff like chips and cheezies...but I've been trying to not indulge too much.

Anything making you queasy or sick: Pretty much any food makes me feel queasy these days.

Have you started to show yet: See above picture for proof of that one!

Gender: They say it's a girl, but I got a bit freaked out when I read the ultrasound reports (long story about why I had them with me) and the wording on it was something like "the gender of the fetus is likely to be female"....ummmm what the hell does that mean?? Oh god I hope this baby doesn't come out and surprise me by being a boy!

Baby's name: We thought we had decided 100% but now we're not sure anymore! We bought the letters for her room but now I'm too scared to do anything with them...so I think I'm going to wait until she's home with us instead.

Labor signs: Thankfully no...we are still in the clear and so far the placenta previa hasn't caused us any troubles. No bleeding or pains or anything.

Belly button in or out: Surprisingly not completely out yet, and the doctor said he was surprised at how high up my belly button still seems on the belly, but baby is growing perfectly on schedule (and even has a big head for how far along she is).

Wedding rings on or off: I only wear my wedding band because it was too big to start with so it is still on and fitting just fine. I am looking forward to getting my engagement ring resized in the near future so I can start wearing it again. It's been too big on me for years.

Happy or moody most of the time: Oooohhhh this is a loaded question. I'm mostly happy, unless I'm tired (which is all the time), or hungry...or cranky....don't ask Jim this question either because I fear his answer would be very different!

Any pregnancy brain mishaps: Now that I'm not working anymore I actually feel more normal and less zombie like. And my body hurts so much less than it did so I feel like I'm sleeping better which is helping with the brain power too.

Similarities/differences between pregnancies: So many things have been different this time around. I feel like I've really only gained weight in my belly whereas with the boys I feel like I gained more all around. She feels like a basketball in there! I think each pregnancy has been really different. James's was hard all around. I felt sick all the time, had horrible heart burn every day, didn't sleep well and my whole body hurt. I was all around pretty miserable. Jordie's pregnancy was great compared to James's. I felt pretty good, although I did have some sciatic pain I had no where near the pain I did the first time around. I had some mild heart burn and leg cramps but really in the grand scheme of things I felt so much better. I remember the day before he was born we were outside playing baseball with James and I was running the bases and hitting the ball and feeling great. This pregnancy has been my most exhausting pregnancy, both physically and mentally because of the complications. I've spent a lot of time worrying about what could happen but also spending my days so thankful to be doing this one more time. I physically feel pretty good, especially now that I'm not working anymore. I feel almost sad that the end is coming so quickly and even though I'm super excited to meet our little girl, I am terrified of what the surgery will entail and how the recovery will go. I am both looking forward to being done being pregnant and sad that it's ending and I will never again have these moments in my life. It's a strange mix of emotions for me right now.

Looking forward to: Getting a few more things done in the nursery so that I can relax and work on her Belly Book (maybe I'll do another post about these special memory books I've done for the kids).

Next doctor's appointment: I see Dr. Strydom again on Wednesday and then the only other one I know of will be a meeting with the pre-admissions people at the hospital to discuss the delivery plans. Because of the complexity of the delivery Dr Ubhi thought they would want to see me in person so I'm hopeful they'll let me do this appt on the 10th so I don't have to make another separate trip to the city the week before her delivery.

That's it for now in regards to the 32 week update. I've got some other maternity posts I hope to publish in the next few weeks, and am especially excited to share our maternity photos that I got back from Jenn last night (but will wait till I'm home again to upload them as the internet speed at my parents is so slow it will take hours for them to upload here!)

No comments:

Post a Comment