Thursday, March 24, 2016

I have awesome coworkers

After being away from work for almost 3 weeks (with only 2 full days and a few half days thrown in there) I was happy to return to work on March 7 and walked into my office to see these beautiful flowers waiting for me from my coworkers. I know they helped out a ton while I was off sick and I really appreciated their kindness and support while I stayed home to take care of both myself and both of my munchkins throughout those 3 weeks. It was truly and honestly one of the worst months of my entire life. I was sicker than I had been in years and each of the boys got some semblance of this sickness twice in the 3 weeks. It was truly a miserable time for us and thank god for a healthy Daddy who took care of us so well!

I love tulips yet for some reason almost never get them from my boys. They usually go for the garden variety flowers from the park instead (which I'm totally fine with too) :)

And here's the nice card they wrote too


And on that same day back to work my coworker Wanda mentioned to me that I had been recognized in our VIU Newsletter and had gotten a "smile" recognition from someone in my office. I really do love my job and am proud to know that others see this too and appreciate my smiles and the hard work that I put in. Of course not every day is fantastic, but most days I am able to put a smile on my face, forget about stuff going on at home and just focus on the work I need to do. 

Thanks VIU coworkers for the very special flowers and card...and if whoever it was that nominated me for this smile sees this post...I thank you from the bottom of my heart. Definitely something I will remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment