Sunday, March 15, 2015

A tale of two very different Saturdays!

Jordan's night consisted of quiet alone time with Mommy and Daddy while James spent the night at Auntie Ra's house.
 
A few minutes after putting Jordan to bed (and realizing we hadn't brought the monitor downstairs with us) we heard him start to cry which is almost unheard of for him. 99.9% of the time he goes down without a single sound. I heard the cry and just knew something wasn't right. I went running up the stairs and into his room, and all I saw was a very upset Jordie boy standing in his crib. I lifted him up and instantly saw a very puffy red hand sticking out of his pajama top. I called for Jim and walked down the hall to our room where I turned on the lights and laid him on the bed, fearing what I would see if I took his shirt off. Luckily it was just very red and had clearly gotten stuck in the bars of his crib. Poor guy was so upset and just cried in my arms for a few minutes until the feeling came back and the redness faded. This very scared Mommy got extra snuggles and Jordie fell asleep on my chest until I moved him back to his own room.
 
Poor little guy, it just looked so red, with this random while splotchy area at the top. I worried at first that it was a strange reaction to something, but realized when he wouldn't bend his elbow or let us touch his hand that he had just gotten it stuck. I saw him do the exact same thing today on the monitor during his afternoon nap. What a silly boy! 
 


And then there was James's night. He got to eat pepperoni and cheese pizza (which he told me was way better than the pizza I make), while watching the Frozen movie (which he sang and talked all the way through)...and all while being the centre of Auntie Ra and Bumma's attention. Then he got to have a sleepover and wake up this morning and have pancakes with his Auntie before coming home to us around 10am. He loves to have time with his family without Jordan around and Jim and I so appreciated having some quiet time with just Jordan. Thanks so much Ang for having him!

No comments:

Post a Comment