Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Too much cuteness to handle...

Lately James has been saying and doing the cutest, funniest things I have ever seen from a toddler. I will admit that my toddler experience had been limited to my nieces and nephews and of course would be very different than having my own living, breathing, 24-7 toddler in my home. But I had no idea even a little bit how funny my kid would be.

First of all, this past weekend I was playing on the computer and he walks up to me ever so calmly and says "Hey big fella, what ya doing?" I literally burst out laughing at him and he just grinned at me and walked away. I asked him who calls him that he just said "me". I looked to Jim and he was laughing too and had never ever heard him say it, or ever heard it on any of his shows either. He said it a few more times since then and yet I have no idea where he heard it. Today I take him to the sitters and ask her and it turns out her husband calls him it all the time. Why he chose that exact moment to call me it and to pair it with his new favorite question of what ya doing, I have no idea, but it is definitely a memory I won't soon forget.

Tonight after supper he was on his way upstairs to his bath when he heard Jim drop something in the kitchen, he all of a sudden gasps and yells "Daddy, you okay?" so concerned. Not only that but he came tearing down the stairs to make sure he was okay too. He walked into the kitchen and saw that everything was fine, but of course had to double check and ask Daddy again to make sure everything was okay. He is such a caring and concerned little guy, and I love that about him.

This kid can melt my heart with just a single look, a great big hug, a huge cheeta (cheek squeezer kiss), an ooossooo (the old I love you) or a more recent I uve you. I had no idea before becoming a mommy how much fun I would have and how much I would fall in love with this little creature that is so much like me and Jim it blows my mind. But I do know how fortunate I am to have him and thank my lucky stars every single day that I've been blessed with him.

Here is one kind of recent, but blurry Ipod photo of little man from a few weeks back. This is the last picture taken of him in his high chair, he is officially now a big boy sitting at the table with Mommy & Daddy!


And here is one of us snuggling in Nana's chair this weekend while we were housesitting. He will only snuggle like this if one of his shows or movies or if he's being read a book, but hey, I'll take them while I can!!

No comments:

Post a Comment