Thursday, January 3, 2019

I never thought I’d be a hockey mom....

....but that’s exactly what I have turned into! As I walked James down the dressing room tunnel today to get suited up for his factory hockey camp I was struck with this feeling of how I honestly never thought I'd be a hockey mom and now look at me go! I spend 2-3 days a week at the Complex and have finally become comfortable with tying skates and getting them into all the gear correctly!

No one in my family ever played hockey so it was such a foreign concept to me years ago when James told us at 5 that he wanted to start playing, even though he had never skated a single day in his life. In the pre-novice days they encourage parents to go on the ice until the kids can skate and those first few months were so awesome because Jim couldn't really skate much either! Father and son learning to skate together!

Now here we are 4 years later and this big guy has his heart set on being a goalie and I think he might have what it takes to do it. He has a long way to go but we've really seen his passion shift this year as he's been allowed to spend more time as goalie.

I'm actually excited to see what the next year brings for this awesome little man of mine!  






No comments:

Post a Comment