Friday, June 1, 2018

Favorite Photo Friday - Camping randoms

We broke out the trailer a few weeks ago for our first trip of the year and went up to Haywire for the long weekend. It was the first time since we got the trailer that we've camped alone, and it was very different. Not good or bad different, just strange different. We did have lots of visitors which was great but it was not the same to not have other adults and kids to chat with around the fire in the morning or at night!

Here are just a couple of my favorite photos from the weekend. Starting off with me and my biggest guy (who got hit in the face with a ball and broke his glasses again!)

I love this one! He took her for a walk while we were cleaning up and a few hours later he said to me "hey mom, did you see the selfie I took with Kennedy?" I just giggled, and then when I saw the picture I smiled big knowing how much he would have loved taking this photo and being so excited to tell me all about it! Everyone always says how much Kennedy looks like Jordie, but I think she looks just like James sometimes! Their little squinty eyes and noses are just too cute! 

Then of course Jordie wanted one with just him and his sister too

Handsome Jordie boy loving his glow sticks

Camping tote baths are the best!

I shared this one on his birthday eve post but I love it so much I had to share it again!

Quiet book reading with Mommy

Big bright blue eyes loving her tote bath too!


Another one of James before the broken glasses, with his yummy eggs benny breakfast we made. There aren't as many photos of James from this weekend because the kid was pretty much gone all day from our campsite! He would eat his meals, and then he was off riding his bike, or hanging out with his little buddy at his site, or just exploring. I can't even tell you how many times we said the phrase "where's James?"

I love camping as a family and I'm already looking forward to doing it again on the July long weekend too! I love that our boys are old enough to just be off and exploring and knowing they are safe and someone is always looking out for them. Living in a small town is a wonderful thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment