Thursday, June 8, 2017

Kennedy Joanna's Newborn Photos

I can't believe that Kennedy is almost 2 months old already so it's definitely time to share her newborn photos om this blog. I had planned to share them after I wrote her birth story post but that is taking longer than expected (time is super limited these days with big changes for our family happening) so I went ahead and decided to put this post up first. 

All photos were of course taken by our wonderfully talented photographer friend Jenn Parkin. Some of them have been shared a little bit on my IG and FB but here are all of my favorites from all 3 shoots we did. If you are wondering why we spread it over 3 it's because the first ones were done just 3 days after we came home from Vancouver and both boys were at school and I was still feeling absolutely dreadful. The next shoot was just Kennedy and my wedding dress and then finally when she was over a month old the whole family headed to the studio to attempt some family shots (that day was a bit of a gong show with a miserable Kennedy and an only kind of cooperative Jordie!)

Anyways...here we go...starting with some Daddy and Kennedy shots from when she was 9 days old





No pink for my girl...red all the way!








Probably my favorite set of all of them. I loved that she was in blue because my whole life for the past 7 years has been blue and I just loved this look so much. That headband is just too cute!





This adorable quilt was made by my very talented sister in law Samantha and we love it! Can't wait for the blog post that shows this thing off in all of its glory. Such a beautiful work of art that was truly a labour of love.





A little bit more of a neutral color this time


Cheesy typical newborn photo but I like it!





We were so lucky that my niece made this adorable little ladybug sack and hat for Kennedy to wear for these photos.




I think I love this one the best because she looks so peaceful and so much like herself...and she's laying on the amazing blanket that Jenn herself made for us as a present for Kennedy. I love this blanket so much and use it pretty much every day!


Another blanket made by a family member! My Auntie Karen made this beautiful red knit blanket that is smaller than the other two so perfect to use in the car seat or on the floor for some tummy time. I feel like these photos really show how much hair Kennedy has...but also make her look the most like a little old man :)







I forget already how tiny she was...when these photos were taken she was just over 6 lbs


I saw this on Pinterest and had people share the idea with me on FB too and luckily Jenn was up for the challenge of pulling this off. She even made the little onesie that Kennedy is wearing! I love how this photo turned out and I can't wait to share the annual photos that Jenn and I have planned for Kennedy in my wedding dress! This photo was taken when she was just 1 day shy of a month old.


Now here are the family photos we took just a few days after the wedding dress photo shoot was done. We hoped that Kennedy would be sound asleep (or awake and happy and content) but neither really happened. She kind of slept, and she kind of stayed awake. She did some screaming (especially when her brother was crying because he was just done!) but overall I think we ended up with some cute shots of us all.






I think this one might be my favorite of everyone but me!



Jordie was pretty close to being done at this point!



When Jenn first texted me this photo I was blown away because I didn't think there was any way that we got that good of a photo. I actually asked her how much photo shop was required and she said that yes it was 3 different photos put together to achieve this one...and I LOVE IT! All 3 of them look so much like themselves in it. 

Another version of the same shot

Neither of them were too into these photos at the time...but I'm glad you can't tell. This one is super cute of both of them!

These next two are cute too!




So much cuteness!


This kid was a total trooper and did everything he was asked...and with a smile on his face! He just adores his little sister so much!

A few more cute ones of the 3 of them!


Now attempting some Mom/Dad/Kennedy photos. 


I LOVE THIS ONE...might be my favorite!

I like this one but funny enough I feel like I'm not sure if it really looks like her very much for some reason.

Yup...he's wrapped around her little finger already. She is gonna be a Daddy's girl for sure!


So, there you have it! The beautiful photos we will cherish forever of those first precious weeks of Kennedy's life (which BTW were also some of the hardest weeks of my whole life!)
Even though I'm sad at how fast she is growing up...I am not sad to never be going back to that itty bitty newborn stage again!

No comments:

Post a Comment