Saturday, February 1, 2014

Tracy's Celebration of Life

Our most important and special event of the spring is happening on Sunday, June 22 in Nanaimo. I didn't mention it in the previous post because I really feel it deserves its own post. If you are reader of this blog you may remember that my mother-in-law Tracy passed away last year on March 31. Here is a link to the post I wrote back then about her very sad passing and here is a link to a post full of photos of her life.

Jim and Tom have talked a lot in the past year about when and how they want to do Tracy's Celebration of Life. With Jim only home and available one weekend per month and with the boy's birthdays coming up in April and May we chose his one weekend off in June in hopes of some beautiful spring weather for it. We've decided on Sunday, June 22 as Jim is off the whole week before so we are able to head to Nanaimo early for a really good family visit.

The plan at this point is to spread her ashes with the immediate family and then we've booked the lower picnic shelter at Bowen Park for a BBQ with all invited from noon - 4 pm for lunch. I think both of the boys are feeling like it's time to have some closure and it will be good for all of us to have a chance to say our goodbyes and to honour her all together as a family.

The first time she held and met her beloved grandbaby James

Sadly I think this is the only photo that Tracy and I were ever in together. It is one of my favorites from our wedding.

Her obituary that ran in the paper two weeks after her passing.

No comments:

Post a Comment