Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Growing up and changing

I've been resisting moving Jordan over to his crib in his room. He is almost too big for his bassinette and I keep putting off moving him, first it was till after our trip, now it's till maybe mid September. I don't know why I'm thinking so much about it. Maybe it's because I looked at James's baby calendar and he didn't move to his own room until he was close to 4 months old. Or maybe it's because if he does wake up at night it's easy to just lean over and comfort him and put the soother back in his mouth. Or maybe it's because I'm just really not ready to admit that my baby (possibly my last baby) is growing up and changing every day.

When we were on vacation we went to Babies R Us and treated ourselves, using gift cards from our shower, to a new video monitor, a luxury that we didn't have with James. There were so many times when he was a toddler that I was dying to see what he was up to! Now I'll be able to see what Jordy is up to in those mischievous moments :o)

So, today I took it out of the box and foolishly got Jim to install it. Fast forward to bedtime when we would usually put Jordan in the swing while we watch TV before we go to bed, but tonight I just wanted to see what the monitor was like, so I put him in the crib, turned on the ocean wonders aquarium and walked out. I fully expected him to start crying within a few moments as he usually falls asleep in the swing and then we wake him for a dream feed between 10 & 11 before we go to bed. But....nope....he fell asleep after about 10 minutes and he's still asleep now an hour later. Last night he went from 8 pm until 7 am this morning without eating so I'm curious to see how tonight goes.

I'm sad he won't be in my room...and I can't guarantee that I won't put him back in the bassinette if he does wake up in the night. I'm just not sure I'm quite ready for him to be in his room yet! I'll get there I'm sure, but I'm okay with hanging onto this little baby boy for as long as I can!


No comments:

Post a Comment