Monday, August 12, 2013

O.M.G....where the hell does he come up with this stuff?!?!

Tonight at bedtime James was quite wired for sound (you'll see why in a minute) and I was trying to get him into bed. He looks up at me as he's laying down and with a shit eating grin on his face he says to me "Mommy, I'm just gonna lay here and say fuck quietly". I was flabbergasted and tried very hard to keep my composure but unfortunately I started to giggle and just barely managed to squeak out "umm no James, you know that's an adult word, you aren't allowed to say that!". Then he looked and me again and smiled and said "Mommy, are you going to say shit now?". I just said "you know you aren't allowed to say either of those words"...then I laughed at him and walked out of the room!!

Now, here we are TWO FULL HOURS later and he is STILL awake. Tonight he's been afraid of the dark (that's new since he stayed at my sisters last week), there are monsters in his curtains and on his walls, he needs a drink and has to pee. I think I'm slowly realizing that we really need to cut out his nap....and I am so sad that this time has finally hit us. He still LOVES his nap but unfortunately it's making bedtimes a long and tiring process in our house.

Anyways, tonight he ate all of his supper so we broke out the chocolate Lightning McQueen we've had in the pantry since Easter as his treat. Definitely not a good idea apparently!

He was very excited and couldn't believe we were gonna let him hold it and chomp on it! This was his very first bite! 


And of course I made him share some with me! 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the laugh!! I share your bedtime pains, but at least you're getting great stories out of the phase. :D

    ReplyDelete