Thursday, June 14, 2012

I have a confession to make...

...I am a reality TV junkie!

It all started 12 years ago when I was in Kananaskis for the summer. My friends and I in the residences fell in love with a new little show called Survivor and ever since then I've been hooked! Over the years I have watched many many many reality shows, from the major network shows to the more obscure MTV ones and find myself loving the cheesiness and trashiness of them! When I watch TV I like to escape from the sadness of the real world, so by watching fun and mindless shows I feel that the escape happens.

It's funny how reality TV has changed the networks over the years. There are way more reality shows than scripted shows it seems nowadays. Not everyone loves them like I do but there are certainly millions of people watching them or they wouldn't dominate the airwaves like they do. If you want to hear the flipside to my love of reality TV, just ask my Dad! He hates it all and if asked about it will tell you that it has ruined TV completely. This coming from the man that could literally watch hours upon hours of sports at anytime! Everyone's tastes are so different and I think that's why reality TV is still so popular this to day.

Here's a list of some of the shows that I've watched over the years:

My favorites are: Big Brother (has always been and will always be my favorite!), Bachelor/Bachelorette (still love these one and never miss an episode!), So You Think You Can Dance, Survivor, MTV's Challenge Shows and The Real World, 16 and Pregnant, Teen Mom, The Amazing Race (this is our family betting show that we watch with my sister and her family), Deadliest Catch, House Hunters (regular and international), Love in the Wild, Jersey Shore (I begrudgingly watch this one with Jim, I only really like Snooki), Little Couple, America's Best Dance Crew.

Other ones I've watched in the past but don't anymore either because I'm not into it or its been cancelled: America's Next Top Model, American Idol, Paradise Hotel, Temptation Island, The Apprentice, Average Joe, Hell's Kitchen, Masterchef, For Love or Money, Jon & Kate plus 8, The Surreal Life, The Simple Life, The Swan, Love Cruise, Little People Big World, The Contender, Starting Over, Sarah Palin's Alaska, Growing up Gotti, Extreme Makeover: Home and Weight Loss Editions.

Which reality TV shows are your favorites? Put them in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment