Friday, February 5, 2016

We couldn't do what we do without these two in our lives!

I wish everyone had parents and grandparents like we do, in their own lives. These two are truly incredible people who give so much and are generous with their time and love...especially to our two little guys! Always ready for hugs and kisses and the doling out of the goldfish by the bowl full. They are always there in a pinch and help us with the boys whenever they can. Mom jokes that as long as it's in the black book she's good to do whatever we need. So now if I'm there I just take out the book and she knows something is up, or I'll ask her her plans and she's say "I don't know, let me get the book out!"

This week alone they picked James up from school 3 days because of early dismissal, kept him for dinner one of those nights, then watched Jordie so we could go to James's student-led conference. Not to mention my mom researched the parts we needed to fix our dishwasher and sent me the link to the parts so I could order them. They watched Jordie when he was too sick to go to the daycare and even knowing that they could get sick too. They try not to get too close to them when they are sick...but let's be honest, they just can't turn down a hug from a James or a Moon Back kiss from Jordie. Tuesday is Jordie's Nana's home day and he loves it there. This week they picked him up early at 9:30 and took him grocery shopping with them even though I didn't work until 12:30, just so I could get some stuff done around the house. Really...they are the best!

They are incredibly devoted parents too. Always there for advice or a shoulder to cry on. Always there to talk about anything we need to talk about, and they've mediated more than a few arguments between me and Jimmy! They are the reason we moved back to town almost 9 years ago and we couldn't be happier here and with them in our lives. From our morning tea FaceTime chats, to Tuesday's with Jordie, to our Saturday morning tea visits, to Sunday afternoon hockey watching and Jordie sitting and of course Sunday family dinner...we really truly are blessed to have them be such a big part of our lives!

Jimmy and I love you both very much and thank you for all that you do to help us raise our boys into the incredible little people that they are becoming. We know that without you guys in their lives they wouldn't be the kids that they are today. 
 

And had to include this photo too of course!

Enjoy your trip this week and don't worry, we'll take care of the fur brother and your house while you're away. I'll even try to keep the plants alive too!

No comments:

Post a Comment