Thursday, January 5, 2017

Gender Predictor Tests

Note: I had intended to post this blog after I was 24 weeks along, but then we moved up the gender reveal party by a couple of weeks so this post is coming a few weeks early!

I did a bunch of these test when I was pregnant with Jordie and I loved seeing how wrong I was when all was said and done and he came out a boy! I think these tests are part of the reason why I was so surprised when Jordie did come out a boy...I was SURE I was having a girl. And this is another reason why I'm glad this time that we decided to find out.

Here are the tests, and their results for me for this pregnancy!

Chinese Calendar - You put in your age and the month of conception into the online form and it tells you whether you are will be having a boy or a girl. My result: I tried 4 different ones I found online and the results were 1 for girl and 3 for BOY! Today when I was putting this post together I came across the one below and it also said GIRL, but was definitely wrong for James and with Jordan I can't remember whether I conceived in late August or very early September so it may or may not be right for him. I definitely doubt the #1 most accurate badge though!

Baking Soda Test - Put a tablespoon of baking soda in a glass. Add some urine to the baking soda. If it fizzes like a shaken soft drink you are having a boy. If it does nothing then it's a girl. My result: BOY!

String Test - Tie your wedding band to a piece of string. Hold the string so it hangs down in front of your belly, it should start moving on its own. If it swings in a circular pattern you are having a boy. If it moves in a straight line then it's a girl. My result: GIRL!

Beauty - If you feel more beautiful during pregnancy it's a boy, less beautiful it's a girl. My result: Definitely less beautiful this time around. I feel like the bags under my eyes are so terrible and I spend most of my days feeling just exhausted. It's hard to want to do anything, let alone do my hair or dress nicely! So I would say for this one it's a GIRL.

Heart Rate - If baby's heart rate is above 145 at 20w scan then it's a a girl. If under 145 it's a boy. My result: At both my 15 and 18 week doctor's appointments the heartbeat was 150. I didn't ask at the 20 week ultrasound what it was though! So I guess based on the above description I'm going to go with GIRL on this one!

Cravings -  Sweets = girl. Savory = boy. My result: BOY! I'm a picky eater though and I've never been a huge sweets person and have always loved my salty treats!

Mommy intuition - BOY all the way! I just feel inside of me that it's another little man that will be joining our family in the Spring!

Boy = 4
vs
Girl = 3

ooohhh...it's close this time...but I'm still going with boy!

Edit: I had almost completed this post and intended to publish it on the day of the party but then I got too distracted and didn't get it done so here it is now!

No comments:

Post a Comment